a new business model
a new product or service
A NEW BUSINESS MODEL - EXAMPLE
EBITDA has not grown significantly over past 5 years and business is under pressure because of low-cost competitors entering the market.
Industry leader with premium brand wants to reinforce customer relationships to fence off low cost competitors.
How can we generate recurring revenue by leveraging new technological possibilities? Or generate potential new business models that reinforce the unique customer experience we offer?
A NEW PRODUCT OR SERVICE -EXAMPLE
Prior to 2009, success in our industry was mainly achieved through growth of the physical branch network. During the crisis the focus shifted to profitability and shareholder value.
To maintain our premium leadership position in the future, we need to become more attractive towards the new generation of customers.
Design a new offering including an omni-channel sales approach to become top-of-mind in the gen Z and gen Y customer segment. Specify detailed customer journeys and supporting processes to serve these underserved segments.
TO DIGITISE - EXAMPLE
Digitization: tomorrow’s tech world will be SMACR (social, mobile, analytics, cloud and robotics).
We want to remain a frontrunner. If we want to be a relevant company for our clients, we will have to embrace these tech trends and technologies more and more.
Describe for a specific business unit how big data and AI could contribute to our processes and offerings. Design and validate your solution with different stakeholders.
A well-designed challenge is specific, but it's equally important to manage expectations
SOME WELL-DESIGNED CHALLENGES
- Redesign the customer journey for millennials to increase revenues (client: large telco)
- Develop new business model with recurring revenue (client: large construction company with project-based business model)
- Leverage big data to develop new services for B2B clients (client: multinational staffing agency)
- Leverage AI/Big Data to improve internal processes / develop new services (client: large B2B insurance company)
- Develop new business opportunities related to sustainability / green buildings (client: large construction company)
- Increase “share of wallet” of the existing customer (client: large multinational dairy company)
- Use big data/AI to remove bottlenecks in the supply chain (client: large steel company)